Top 10 Reasons to Love Running!
Sure, running sucks. It hurts your shins you knees, feet, shins, back, etc. You’re out of breathe and sore. You have to watch out for cars coming at you because they’re not paying attention and raised sidewalks. Despite all the reasons that running sucks and you shouldn’t want to do it, every runner knows that there are so many more reasons to run loving.
Top 10 Reasons to Run Loving:
- You’ll look damn good! An average person burns about 100 calories per mile. Running is a quick way to fit into those skinny jeans. Low carb diets?! PFFT.. Not as a distance runner! You can enjoy your bread and pasta without guilt!
- You don’t have to spend a ton of money! All you really need to run is a good pair of sneakers & a sports bra. Don’t want a monthly dues with a gym membership? No problem! Grab your sneakers, get out there and run!
- You can spend a ton of money! Sure, running can be cheap! You can also splurge if you’re a shopaholic and buy some fancy CW-X running tights or a nice pair of sneakers. Does anything make people happier than new stuff?!
- You get some quality me time! Had a bad day? A lot on your mind? A run is a great way to escape it all and spend some quality time with yourself. It’s just you and the road.
- You can have some quality bonding time! Maybe you don’t want to run alone. Find a friend or group of friends to run with You get to encourage and challenge each other. Bonus! It makes those long runs go by a bit faster when you can distract yourself.
- You’ll improve your overall health! Studies show that runners live longer. You’ll improve cardiovascular health, improve circulation, get a great dose of vitamin D & increase bone density. Not only will you look great, you’ll also feel great!
- You’ll be happier! Everyone knows that exercise releases endorphins. Nothing like a good run to make you a happy person!
- You can give to charity! Races, whether a 5k or an ultramarthon, tend to donate to charity. Feel great about yourself by signing up for a race and giving to a charity.
- You get free swag! Race t-shirts, shiny medals, granola bars, energy drinks, etc. Races are a great way to get free stuff! Who doesn’t love free stuff!? Especially a shiny medal!
- You accomplish something! Is there any better feeling than crossing a finish line at a race?! You don’t have to be first to feel accomplished. You just have to do your best!